Sunday 6 April 2008

New Blogging Lease of Life

For anyone who regularly reads these posts, sorry I've been away for a little while, been very busy!

I had a mental case of work while I was back at home for easter break, and I've come back to even more at uni! Just been given titles for the 'Lankmarks in Journalism' part of my course. So now it's time to start researching and all that malarkee! Joy to the World.

I am also now doing two podcasts! The one that runs along side this blog and another with a mate on my course, who does the 'The Only Thing... I Know for Sure' blog. Their both music based, however this is one is quite a lot more anylitical and most dialog based, as aposed to the more music driven one that runs with this blog.

I'm hosting a night at my University's Union on Thursday (April 10th) and Monday (7th) is my flatmates 19th, so there's not going to be much time for the blog. However I'm going to write a mammoth of posts in one night, then just publish them on the appropriate day, which means I won't start to fall behind, then neglect the blog all together.

So the next blog will be up tomorrow, which will be the march playlist, then from then on there will be a blog up every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Monday's post will be featuring a new artist; Tuesday will be an album review; Every Friday will be the 'Five Songs You Must Hear' piece; Friday will be a 'Storming the Charts' and Saturday is going to be alternated. Next Saturday see's the introduction of the polished format and the first proper episode of the podcast, then the Saturday's that are in between the podcast being published there will be room for a random post. This will either be another gig-review, the monthly playlist or just a post about a random topic I want to engage with.

One other thing before I leave you is the link to my other podcast with Mike
Please give it a good listen if you can, we both want this to be really successful, we managed to sneak an interview with Frank Turner for the first one, which sort of indicates that it's not just some silly podcast, but that we've recorded it in a studio and aimed really high with artists and such.

Ears To The Skies

Lee

1 comment:

Jon Sidwell said...

Hey man, listened to the podcast you did with Mike, thought it was pretty good. Think that the interview worked really well, and some of the other ideas were pretty cool.

If you want me to ever record something for a future podcast then just let know.

Sid
www.musicliberation.blogspot.com