Wednesday 21 May 2008

Five Songs You Must Hear... #9

I thought seeing as I'm about to attend the Gatecrasher Weekender Festival this coming weekend, I'd grace you with some dance tracks from artists featuring at the festival that simply cannot be ignored!

#1: The Prodigy - Voodoo People
The Saturday headliners are literally the kings of the Big-Beat genre worldwide will certainly be one of the main highlights of the weekend for many people. 'Voodoo People' is a track simply dripping with orgasm infused nuclear bombs, that is one of the bands most prominent songs.

#2: Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar

The highlight of this festival for me for sure. The Chemical Brothers in the wake of the 5th consecutive No.1 album have gripped me since a young age of 7 when they first dropped 'Setting Sun' unto the world. However, this is their finest piece; the continuity of this track is epic.


#3: Paul Van Dyk - Crush

At 36 years old his prime may have already passed, but that won't stop the thousands of people flocking to the Gatecrasher Arena to witness his dynamite fingers conjure up musical magic. I've got my whistle, horn and glow sticks packed already and I don't leave until saturday morning!

#4: Paul Oakenfold (Planet Perfecto) - Bullet In The Gun


Possibly one of the biggest techno anthems of the past 20 years, I can't wait to be blitzed out of my skull at around 1AM surrounded by a crowd flying as high as Concorde. If their isn't "a fire in your heart" you simply don't belong at the Gatecrasher Festival



#5: Armand Van Helden - U Don't Know Me


Finishing on a slightly cheesy note, Mr. Van Helden has been spicing up clubs worldwide for years, and although I've not chosen his more known single 'My My My' this track which features vocals from Duane Harden reached No.1 in the UK back in 1999.

No comments: